Tuesday, November 21, 2006

So I was looking for that classic "if you love something set it free" quote this morning, and found some variations that made me smile, when listed in my google search results at least. Actually going to those places left me thinking about just how many people there are in this world who's hearts are broken and who feel like life going on is unimaginable, which is depressing, of course, but that momentary smile was still an excellent thing. And you know what else I found that I didn't necessarily expect? People with strength. People who are inspiring. EXCELLENT. Maybe it's the humor of an emotionally f-ed up person at this point, but just in case it's not and you can laugh about these to, here's what I found....

"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were."
(the original, of course, and what I was looking for)

“If you love something let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it comes back, love it forever.”

“If you love something let it go, and if it comes back - that doesn't mean a damn thing; it can just leave you again later.”

"If you love something, puke on it."

"If You Love Something, Let it Go, then Re-Capture it."

"If You Love Something Leave It Alone"

"if you love something set it open-source (free)"

"If You Love Something, Never Let It Out of Your Goddamned Sight"

"if you love something, feed it lettuce"
(so THAT was the problem. Never could get him to eat a God-damned salad.)

"If you love somebody,
Set her free ...
If she ever does comes back, she's yours,
If she doesn't, well, it's what you expected in the first place."

"If you love something
set it free,
if it comes back, you're gonna have to feed it
if it doesn't, you probably didn't want it anyway."

"If you love something, let it go. After all, that's why you put the methadone in their milk, right?"

"If you love something let it go...if it doesn't come back hunt it down and kill it."
(I found this here. He kind of seems to be on the other side of a situation like mine, in a way. Interesting read.)

Don't worry Dan, this last one is a little more along the lines of where I'm at right now...

"If you love something, you don’t kill it."

Heh, he told his boss this morning what he is doing and that he'll be gone at the end of the year. I love his boss. He warned him that he should watch for signs that I've purchased a gun, and possibly should remove all sharp knives from the house. No worries there, but it put a smile on my face anyway.

These are other good quotes I found in the process of looking...

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”

“Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.”

“I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me- I’m going to smile”

“True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you.”

“Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.”

“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.”

“Don't ever give up on something or someone that you can't go a full day without thinking about.”

“Love that we can not have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest and feels the strongest...”

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

“Love is when you shed a tear and still want him, it's when he ignores you and you still love him, it's when he loves another girl but you still smile and say I'm happy for you, when all you really do is cry.”

“You may not love me today, tomorrow, or ever, but I will love you until it kills me, and, even then, you'll be in my heart.”

"The hurt is worth it to me if someone I truly love is being brilliantly and truly themselves. "

"Free Will. It's a disease everybody has. Learn this."


"When they leave us or we leave them, there seems to always be that last unfinished thing, that slender thread of retrieval that only snaps when they find someone else. It also snaps when we find someone else, but we hardly notice it, because we're busy reweaving something new.

It's a terrible thing to see that silvery thread, snapped at the far distant point, come curling back to us. In some senses, we've lowered ourselves into a well and that one last rope is slithering down, cut from above, coiling at our feet.

Damn it. It's not the final cut that kills us, I think, it's the realizing that we had the rope up there in the first place. We didn't even KNOW we had hope and now, the hope that we tried desperately to not depend on has suddenly evaporated.

It is at this exact moment that we feel truly alone."

2 comments:

gloria said...

"if you love something, feed it lettuce"
(so THAT was the problem. Never could get him to eat a God-damned salad.)

oh girl.

this made me choke on my spit.

and i have been follwong your entries.
((HUGS))
there is no way i'd be handling this as well as you are.

gloria said...

p.s.
i know how to spell following.

i was just seeing if you noticed...keeping you on your toes!!

<3