Friday, November 24, 2006

thanksgiving

Just a quick update because typing on my phone really sucks... Thank you all for your comments. Im incredibly grateful for your support. I knew coming here for thanksgiving was nuts. Maybe subconsciously thats why i didnt post about it before. Im here for my kids though. They were so excited to come. I couldnt deny them their loved ones on thanksgiving and in the mindset i was in before we left there was no way in hell i was letting him bring them here without me. We passed within 5 miles of her house on the way here for gods sake. We fought for much of the way because of him and his phone. Its been an ongoing sore subject for the last week because i do flip out every time he calls her. He promised me a couple days ago that he wouldnt talk to her anymore until he was gone except from work. That was fine until her schedule changed and then it became another promise out the window. Anyway, we were here 10 minutes before I lost control of my emotions and had to leave. I sat in the car trying to get myself together for the sake of my kids. He begged and pleaded for me to come back (huh?) and I wanted to badly but everytime I went to move to get out of the car racking sobs would hit me again and I'd be paralyzed. At some point I gave up on coming back in for dinner because I couldn't stand the idea of ruining it for everyone else. I sat there for a while and decided to blog, hoping to work through some emotion so I could be with my family. First thing I saw was Sjers comment about throwing his phone at his head. Suddenly I was laughing instead of crying. Thankyou Sjer! I love you! You made it possible for me to walk back into this house with a smile on my face and enjoy thanksgiving dinner with my beautiful daughters. Dan walked up to me at the moment I started laughing so I ended up explaining my laughter, and for the rest of the might every time I started to look down he tapped his phone against his head and I was grinning again. The silly psyche of a sad person, huh?

1 comment:

SjElizabeth said...

So glad you smiled :) I have been reading in disbelief without comment, but I couldn't resist that one...