Wednesday, December 06, 2006

And now that that is out of my system...

(I hope)(It sure as heck better be)(EWWWWWWWWWWW)

I'm in Grapevine, Texas. We made it here finally around 7 am yesterday. We didn't end up with time to spare to see the sights along the way, and I was really dissappointed about it at the time. There was no drive along the California Coast, no visit to the Saturn Cafe,(Thanks Neal, by the way! You are awesome! I will make it there eventually! :) ) and no Grand Canyon, even though I was only 60 miles away from it and have never been! Urgh. With our late start on Friday (late is a serious understatement - we finally left town around 11pm after many long and tearful goodbyes :) ), the weather, and B's desire to hurry up and get to her new home and her husband, our adventurous plans had no chance. We did manage to wander Hollywood for a couple hours, and we did get to see Arizona and New Mexico with snow on the ground. We also spent a couple hours in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, sight-seeing in the middle of the night. The London Bridge was beautiful with Christmas lights. I have soooo many pictures to share when I get home. I will take another trip down here in a couple months with the kiddos, and I will take my time and go the scenic route. I'd love to drive down the Oregon and California coastlines and then hop National parks and scenery across to Texas. On the way home we would have to go up through Colorado and Montana so we could hang out in the Rockies for a while too. I'm disappointed that I didn't get to see and experience more along the way here, but really? I kind of wish we could have been here sooner too. The Dallas area has completely surprised me. Texas has never held any great appeal for me, to be quite honest. It's never been a place I'd mind visiting briefly, but it really kind of sounded like a boring place. I need passion and extremes in my life to be happy (culture, art, wilderness, love) and Texas always seemed so bland in my mind. It is BEAUTIFUL here! This area is so vibrant and rich. There is art everywhere, and this whole area just seems so rich and vibrant. I think I already said that. It's a great place though. Everyone I've met has been adorable and sweet, and I love the Texas attitude. It just doesn't seem like there is enough time in the day to see everything I want to see and do everything I want to do, and my flight home is getting closer and closer. I can't wait to be home because I miss my babies, and because I have a lot of unfinished business there that I am more and more anxious to just take care of and be done with, but this trip has been excellent. I do carry a lot of pain, and there have been times that I've broken down, but distance has been good to me. Dan and I seem to be getting along better too as time goes on and things become less raw. We've talked a lot since I've been here, and it's good to have my friend back.

1 comment:

gloria said...

texas.
home.
::sigh::