Monday, January 22, 2007

What a long weekend! I feel bad saying it, but I am so glad it's over. I am ready to have my house back. Friday was a rough night (urgh, depressing, I mean depressing so I should say it instead of glancing over it and calling it rough. I was depressed and moody and miserable). Saturday was a little better. Dan took the girls bowling and they had a blast. He spent more quality time with them on Saturday than he has in the last 6 months total, easily. Sunday was another rough (infuriating, icky, grumpy) day, but such is life. Youngest is having a hard time with the fact that he was here for the weekend and is now gone again. I imagine it felt briefly like she had her family back, him here with us like old times, so I can understand why that would be hard for her. I don't know why I didn't think about it before hand. I think their next visit needs to be at his house in Oregon. Until she gets more used to this whole situation I think we need to do anything we can to reinforce that things are different now and that's how they are going to be, and to help her understand that there still is a good place for her in all of it. Her daddy lives there, not here, but she can see him there, and he still loves her there, ya know? My poor angel. This whole thing has hurt her so much more than it has any of the rest of us, and she just doesn't deserve that.

Speaking of my little angel, today she turns 7!!! She is getting so big, so old!

Happy Birthday baby!!

No comments: