I am trying hard to convince myself that today is a happy day, because I am not feeling so happy and really want to be. No more funky funks allowed!!!
To further convince myself, I give you:
31 little things that make me happy...
1. the little round slushy-crunchy ice they have on the ferry and at taco bell.
2. the stamp vending machines at the post office by my house that give change in silver dollars. How cool is that! The tooth fairy is appreciative also.
3. Fridays at Subway. Yes, the tuna sandwich lunch special is lame, but 3 super yummy soft and gooey warm chocolate chip cookies for $1 do make my day happier.
4. Sunshine and cool crisp air on a fall afternoon. It is AWESOME outside today. Now if only I could escape from cubicle-land...
5. authentic southern accents heard in passing - so sweet
6. Hot apple cider with cinammon and nutmeg - the real stuff, from my grandpa's cider press - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I've got a great picture somewhere of he and I working the press when I was about 10. I'll have to find it and add it here.
7. Little girl belly laughs
8. Little girl snuggles
9. Little girl tickles
10. Ok, anything related to my little girls really
11. My little girls are getting big! Ok, so this is kind of bittersweet, but sweet nonetheless - they amaze me every day
12. blackberry cobbler
13. My Sally Hansen lotion that smells like oranges and *doesn't* make my hands break out and itch and burn like all the others
14. Did I mention that I LOVE living in the pacific northwest where I can see amazing views of mountains and water many times every day? OK, so mountains are pretty BIG things, not so little at all, but they put a smile on my face and make my heart sing, so they're here. How many people can really say the place they live in makes their heart sing? Lucky girl, I am.
16. mommy off the record's ROFL awards - I really needed a laugh today :)
18. this stuff in Plumeria
19. big soft fluffy towels
20. my good sheets - nothing more heavenly than lounging in bed with a good book and amazingly soft smooth sheets
21. starbucks caramel frappuccinos with whipped cream
22. pumpkin scones
23. the last few minutes of dusk when that grey-lavender color hangs in the air and the world winds down
24. creative memories tape runners
25. Wish you were here, sung by Gina Catalino
26. long quiet trails leading to amazing views.
27. peaceful nights laying in my tent down those long quiet trails, away from the world
28. cobalt blue glass
29. baby toes