Monday, March 05, 2007

Patience

There are so many things that I find that I appreciate immensely. First and foremost at the moment is an intellectual bond. That's not something I've had with anyone in a really long time. It's really sad to be tossing riddles and puzzles back and forth at one another and have the thought really and actually cross my mind that this is "better than sex." Sadly it's been so long since I've had that kind of dialogue that it feels like a whole new level of intimacy rather than something that should be commonplace in a relationship. We had a conversation about books the other night!! Oh my gosh!!! Books! I know! I'm pathetic! This excites me though! It works on so many levels, levels I forgot existed. There's thought, tenderness, conversation, affection, sensitivity, humor, family, responsibility... so much in so many ways...There are so many things that I forgot I even cared about that I am finding mean so much to me.

I struggle with patience though. I always thought I was pretty good about letting things come as they may, but I find lately that I just don't have any patience at all. The pace of certain things in my life just really drives me nuts right now. I don't know what to do about it or how to get over it, so I guess all I'm doing here is acknowledging it. Ha, really, I guess all I'm doing is whining. Sorry about that....

I had an excellent weekend, just so ya know.

1 comment:

NB said...

i have no patience when it comes to:

1. traffic
2. long books
3. fresh baked cookies


glad to hear you had a lovely weekend.